Sunday, April 15, 2012

Miss Lana

I have been on a bit of a Florence + the Machine kick lately. To say it has grown into an obsession would not be an understatement. I enjoy her voice. I love the deep, dark nature of her sound.

I was cleaning house, listening to Florence + the Machine Pandora radio the other day when I heard something that caught my attention. I was hoping to post a youtube video of the song that made me fall in love, but there seems to be some sort of copyright war going on with it. It's disappointing.

Anyhow, Lana Del Rey. Absolute love. Her voice is similar to Amy Winehouse or Adele in that it's reminiscent of the voices of the 60s. She differs in the way that there is the slightest hip-hop essence in her music.

I'm always skeptical when I immediately fall head over heels with a song. This is one of the rare cases where I have downloaded the album and been impressed and satisfied with the entire thing. I cannot stop listening to it. Born to Die is sixteen tracks of beautiful 'indie pop' as iTunes categorizes it.

In the end, highly recommended.

Especially when taking coconut oil infused baths.

Nightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment